Autumn Rain



He was like the autumn rain

Quiet

Peaceful

Calm


He never shared anything

Not his emotions

Not his memories

Not even his thoughts


It was just us and there was no sound

Everyone else was the sun

I loved them as well

But they were loud


Their voices were like thunder

They talked and it rumbled

Supposedly to fill you with energy

But I was just too tired


Sometimes I just need some quiet

Just me and my thoughts

That's why I liked him

He was quiet


He was beautiful

Just like the rain

He was calm

Just like the rain


But I soon learned

Over time

That he was just cold

Just like the rain


And no matter how peaceful

No matter how lovely 

No matter relaxing he was

He was cold like the rain


He provided no warmth

He was never there

Never when I needed him

He just left me


Yet I always love the rain

As it pours down

How it patterns on to the concrete

I loved it


But it hurt me so badly

It gave me nothing

It made me sad

Was it even worth it


I once thought so

But now all I know 

Was that I loved

but had to let go


Of this autumn rain

A-

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

March 22, 2023- Something about lingering feels

March, 18 2023- Egoist